We wanted to thank you all for the contributions to our work on helping to assess how we can better organise the business landscape to directly benefit small and medium sized businesses. We are very grateful for your inputs, which were immensely helpful.
The top 6 ideas, receiving the highest votes were:
1. Advice on grants for SMEs (24 votes)
2. Local Enterprise Agencies should be given a bigger role (23 votes, 7 comments)
3. BIS needs to understand microbusinesses (19 votes, 1 comment)
4. Sources of advice (18 votes)
5. Business Community access to finance (8 votes)
6. Encouraging business owners seek advice (5 votes, 5 comments)
These issues will now inform the next stage of our work. The contribution you provided to our assessment of business support that you gave us will now directly influence the development of a Small Business Strategy that will be published in the autumn. This strategy will cover not just business support, but the whole of government's approach to to helping SME's start up, prosper and grow. Work will also continue on transforming the customer journey for business support, joining up services, and streamlining and improving the government's business support offer. So we hope that you will see a marked difference in that offer over the coming months.
There will also be the opportunity to influence the shape of the strategy and the ongoing work to transform the government's support for business. We will post more about you you can contribute to this soon. In the meantime if you would like to contact the team directly, please email email@example.com.